Saturday, February 23, 2008

Consult done!!!

Well I went to my consultation and I am soo ready to get my sisterlocks!!! My consultations was with Geraldine at Nubian Solutions my appointment was originally at 4pm but they called me at home to see if I could come in a little earlier and of course I was ready and there by 2:30pm. Geraldine was very professional and everyone there was nice and helpful. She explained the process of sisterlocks, where they originated from and who invented them...of course I already new that because of my own research but it was good to see that she was able to give me background info. She measured my hair which is 6 whopping inches long...looked at my density which is very dense because I got a head full of hair. The price she gave me was as expected $750....minus my consult fee of $35....she said I could cut my hair to make it 4inches that would take my price down to $450...but I don't want too. I already new going into this that sisterlocks was expensive so I am going to keep my length and pay the $750. I wish I could of made my appointment today but like many black people....I'm waiting on my income tax.....this is going to be a treat to myself after I pay some bills.

I took some pictures of my test sisterlocks....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good experience at Nubian Solutions. My Sisterlocks were installed there two weeks ago by Michelle, and I have nothing but good things to say about her and the entire salon. Everyone was professional, friendly, and helpful. Cheryl, who is the receptionist and a Sisterlocks trainee, has a beautiful spirit, and she made me laugh. I love my Sisterlocks--although my relaxed ends drive me crazy sometimes--and before I left the salon after my 2-day installation, I already had a follow-up appointment and an appointment for my first re-tightening.
My locks cost $600 for 3 inches of dense natural hair--and 3 inches of relaxed hair. This shocked me at first, but after researching prices, this seems to be the going rate in the Philadelphia area for a Master Trainer. I think it was well worth it.

I hope the rest of your journey goes well!

Josette (topanga)

Anonymous said...

I had my sisterlocks installed there also in december of 2008. The salon has broken up, though, and i was wondering if you knew where Cheryl and Michelle have moved to continue providing service?

GET IT

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/thekenyacrooks/?utm_source=ig_embed&...