Sunday, March 2, 2008

My 1st post as an official Sisterlocked Babe!!!

Well I did it...I am officially Sisterlocked....well at least almost. We started at 8am and stopped at 915pm......I am basically finished but 2 small sections in the back...I love it....of course I took some pictures but I need to upload them..I will do that tomorrow when all is said and done.

I had a long weekend in anticipation for this day....it all began Friday...I had to go to work at 11pm-7am....I got off and went to sleep for about 2 hours then I had to wake up because I had a Ethnic Expression Home Gallery party to go to with my mom...she is a Art consultant for EE and I told her I would videotape her presentation so that was at 2pm we had to be out the house by noon because she still had some running around to do.....we get to the EE Art Demonstration that was suppose to start at 2pm...and of course ya know black people..they come when they want to...so people didnt start arriving till about 245pm-3pm and of course they want to eat and socialize so about 330pm my mom finally starts her presentation which last about 35minutes to an hour...so know its 430pm going on 5pm...once thats over she does shopping time...and let me tell you buying this art is big business they have some of the most artistic and talented black folks around and that art is sooo beautiful that it sells itself. During shopping time you have many chooses that need to be made in reference to the particular piece that you are buying like the different frames and color mats that you can change to make the picture adaptable to where you plan to put it and your home decor...well that can take up to 30-45 min per order and it was about 15 people that was placing orders....I say all that to say...I was tired, I was ready to go.....and we still had to pack up all her supplies and load them into the car.....so she finally finishes and its about 815pm and I still had to pick my kids up from their dads house.

Once home I had to hurry up wash my hair for my SISTERLOCK installation which was at 8am...now mind you I worked friday night...I only got 2hours of sleep and I been out all day...so once I got out that shower...I got straight in the bed and was out like a light by 945pm.....I kept waking up throughout the night anxious because I was having a very hard time staying sleep becuase I thought I was going to over sleep....and set my alarm for 6am, so I could get up, take a shower, get dressed, go to the store to get some goodies for my long installation process..and of course get my much needed cup of DD coffee.....now I can finally be on my way..I got there about 730am...I came prepared I had my gameboy with some xtra batteries and games, food to nibble on, money to buy lunch, and a book to read. Simone get's there right on time we go inside and she doesnt waste anytime getting started......by 2pm my top half of my head was done..so I took a break to go get me some lunch from down the street....I eat and we start right back up...of course I did take break in between to go to the bathroom and to stretch...but she was good I think she could of sat there with out ever having to take a break.

About 5pm my butt really started hurting..mind you I'm a telephone Operator so I sit all the time anyway so I thought I could take this long installation process without a problem..boy was I wrong....by 630pm I was restless and I felt like I couldn't sit down any longer..but I stayed and she got done a good amount so Monday morning when I go back at 10am she says it should only take her about 1-2 hours to finish the last 2 small sections at the bottom.....Oh yeah and I forgot to tell ya I am currently at work right now because I had to be there at 11pm...so I have another 8 more hours of sitting .....but I am happy that I am finally SISTERLOCKED!!!

3 comments:

SeZ said...

It's was a wonderful feeling I sure to finally "Just Do It"! What size locks do you have?

Tyshea said...

I have a mixture of small, medium and large throughtout...not sure exactly how she spread them out because they all look the same to me...lol...which is small!!!

Ebonygirl said...

Glad to see you have taken the plunge! I am not that far ahead of you in my journey. Your sisterlocks look great! Can't wait to see more pics.

GET IT

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/thekenyacrooks/?utm_source=ig_embed&...