Monday, November 24, 2008

My sisterlocks are costing me to much money right now!!!!!

I am here once again to tell yall I have not been back for a retightening since my last one blogged about. I was due for a retightening on November 12 which I had to rescheduled due to having no funds...you know the economy is no good!!!! I have been seriously thinking about looking into transitioning my sisterlocks into traditional locks if that is possible, I have not had any consult yet again due to not having no extra money, but I know I need to do something.

When I first started looking into getting sisterlocks, I did know that it was going to be costly to keep it maintained but I did not think I would need to get it retightened so quickly. My SL's are averaging every 5 weeks at the maximum becuase my perimeter locs unravel so quickly. My SL's are great and I love them especially when I first get them retightened but as far as the upkeep of them it is a lot more costly than what I had hoped for.

If anyone actually reads this I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on what I could possibly do...i love having locs...is it possible for me to transition my SL's to traditional locs and would it still be as costly...I need some serious help!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My retightenings were costly at Endless Creations and then I found a consultant trainee in Lumberton, NJ, who charges $30.00 per hour. I average $45.00 per sitting. Her name is Cynthia Jones and her phone #is 609-417-1983. She does excellent work. I have been going to her for over a year. The other place was charging over $100 for the retightenings and I could never get the appointment on the weekends and ended up taking a 1/2day off from my job. OBTW, I work with your mother!!!!

Tyshea said...

Thanks Loren i will definitely be giving her a call, and you work with my mom...well its very nice to meet you i will tell my mom you said hi!!

blkisis said...

Take a class on retightening your hair yourself.There are SL technicians that will teach you for price of course. But it will save you a lot on money.

GET IT

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/thekenyacrooks/?utm_source=ig_embed&...